The vision for the development is to create a market leading office campus suitable for the next generation of forward-thinking businesses, with a focus on innovative technology companies who are socially and environmentally conscious. This will be achieved by using the building’s green and sustainability credentials and delivering best in class amenity spaces to attract these occupiers to Waterloo.
- To deliver a building that is not only visually striking but leads the way in environmental, sustainability and well-being considerations.
- To create a truly inclusive development that provides workplaces to micro, small and medium sized businesses as well as larger companies.
- The proposals will become an exemplar building for new flexible working practices with a focus on amenities that foster creativity and collaboration.
- To provide significant affordable workspaces to local businesses and local residents, Lambeth approved charities and not for profit organizations alongside the development of a Skills Programme with Lambeth to target local job creation and maximise community benefits. Specific affordable workspace programmes will be introduced to support the growth of young and aspiring businesses within key industries clustering in Waterloo.
- To improve the public realm and environment around Waterloo Road, Cornwall Road and Emma Cons Gardens. Emma Cons Garden will be re-defined as an open and green space for people and landed as the main civic square for this part of Waterloo.
- Together with Lambeth and other nearby landowners to embark on an overall area repositioning story that will establish Waterloo as the next major green business hub.
- For the area repositioning to become a catalyst for further regeneration South, bringing future jobs and opportunities into Lambeth.